The last day in May marks the arrival of my first born into the world. It’s so hard to believe that it’s been a whole year since Baby J was born, it’s even harder to believe that within that same year number two child came along!
Coming up to her birthday Baby J is toddling, climbing all over the furniture and is generally into EVERYTHING! She loves to stand up and walk wherever she can, her balance gets better everyday so soon we won’t have to help her, she’ll be away!
- She sleeps! This is my favourite by far, we generally have good days with Baby J, because most of the time she has had a good nights sleep. Don’t get me wrong she has her moments (see my previous post, thankfully devil child is on leave at present) but most of the time she wakes up rested which makes life with a toddler MUCH easier!
- She giggles! She has an infectious little giggle that never fails to put a smile on your face. Even after a night spent with what feels like a constantly hungry, constantly pooing, but ever so lovely newborn!
- She eats! Baby J still has milk for breakfast and before bed, but throughout the day she eats. Woo hoo! It took what felt like an age to get to this stage but she has proper meals. No more blending food and no more mid-weaning sicky episodes (for a few months at least, welcome Little E)! The best thing is when your walking around Tesco and Baby J gets a little grumpy, biscuit bribes work! Hurrah!
- Television is interesting! I know bad parenting. However, twenty minutes of Mr Tumble in the morning gives me just enough time to tidy away the breakfast pots, before everything in sight becomes a climbing frame.
- Toddler friends! Baby J has little friends who she remembers and loves to play with. It’s lovely to see how they play and interact with each other, she learns so much in this time. Plus, Mummy gets to natter with grown ups, win-win right?
- Awake time. Don’t get me wrong I love nap time, I LOVE IT! Awake time has its bonuses though I promise. We can take Baby J to parks, zoos, farms and soft play and she loves it! Her little eyes light up as she takes everything in, she laughs and smiles and its obvious she’s having a good time. When she was born the sleepy stage seamt to last forever. Now I know with Little E that this stage passes so quickly, she too will soon be awake more exploring the world just like her big sister!
- Play time. There are some amazing toys out there for children! Before Baby J was born I bought loads. It felt like they just sat there for months (I don’t know how I expected a newborn to play a Little Tikes Xylophone, I just did)! Now Baby J has everything out, yes all at once and you can’t see the floor for toys! Wait, why did I say I love playtime…? She does have fun though and they pacify the little beaut’ for a good ten minutes!
- She talks! I’m not talking any sort of decipherable conversation but baby babble! She has a right good rattle and we have our own conversations. Throw in a few hand gestures, a good little finger point and I’ve been put right in my place. That’s my girl!
- She cuddles. One of the simplest, nicest things you can get. A sleepy cuddle before bedtime. Enough said.
- She’s a big sister! Baby J is now a proud big sister to Little E. She peers over the moses basket to check on her, she talks to her when she cries and she holds her hand when they are sat together. I must say here that this is all supervised, as the hand holding can quickly escalate to a crack on the head when Little E is fast asleep and non the wiser! Baby J takes more interest in her sister everyday, and soon Little E will be able to to do the same. Here’s hoping they will be the best of friends (some of the time)!
Happy Birthday Baby J. May the toddling commence!